|Travel by Coach||Days|
Day One - Home to Rothesay
We’ll make our way from the interchange to Rothesay, where we’ll check in to the Glenburn Hotel and will enjoy an evening meal. (D)
Days Two to Four – Rothesay
We’ll have a great time, with two included excursions to enjoy – a panoramic island tour and a trip to the mainland to visit Glasgow. (B,D)
Day Five – Rothesay to Home
Time to say goodbye today; we depart after breakfast and make our way to the interchange before returning home. (B)
Set in an outstanding position above its own terraced gardens, the Glenburn, has recently completed refurbishment work and enjoys great views towards the mainland.
The town’s shops, harbour and medieval castle ruins are a short walk away along the palm fringed promenade. With a wealth of outdoor pursuits on the island from fishing to bowling, walking, cycling and kayaking, and a golf course.
Head back over to the mainland and take in the magnificent coast of Argylle, known for its beaches, walking trails and stunning wildlife.
Enjoy the hotel's magnificent grounds which allow for great panoramic views across the Cowal Peninsula. Spend your evenings socialising in the lounge bar, take in our evening entertainment in our modern ballroom, or just sit back and read a good book in our small library, it’s up to you how you choose to relax at the Glenburn.
Make your way to the hotel’s stunning ballroom for an evening of entertainment with exceptional tribute acts, such as Tina Turner, Nat King Cole, Elton John and Shirley Bassey, or simply put your feet up with a good book in the Glenburn’s own small library.
- 25th August – Karin Bello as Tina Turner
- 1st Sept – Jacky Webbe as Diana Ross
- 8th Sept – Rock Stewart – Rod Stewart Tribute
- 15th Sept – Abba Vous
- 22nd Sept – Anthony Edwards as Michael Jackson
- 29th Sept – Debbie Farrell as Shirley Bassey
- 6th Oct – Adam Carter as Elvis
- 13th Oct – Paul Sylvester as Nat King Cole
- 20th Oct – All Stars Multi Tribute Show
- 27th Oct – CJ Jackson – Soul & Motown
- 3rd Nov – Anthony Edwards as Michael Jackson
- 10th Nov – Ben Smiths Rat Pack Show
- 17th Nov – Joel Coombes as Elton John
- 24th Nov – Rock Stewart – Rod Stewart Tribute
- 1st Dec – Adam Carter as Elvis
- 8th Dec – Mike Andrews as Robbie Williams
Full Day: Glasgow
There's some fantastic architecture in the centre of Scotland's largest city. Glasgow Cathedral, the City Chambers and the junction at Glasgow Cross all are fantastic examples of grand Victorian and Edwardian buildings. The city also boasts the most parkland of any in the UK. Bella Houston Park, the Botanic Gardens and Glasgow Green are all iconic parts of the city and are fantastic to take a stroll around for an hour or two.
Scenic drive around the Isle of Bute
On our scenic drive we will pass through Kilchattan Bay and pretty fishing village that sits on the edge of it. We will also pass lovely slate and stone houses and an impressive yachting marina on our way through Port Bannatyne on the way back to the hotel.