With coach holidays in the UK and Europe, you'll be collected from a local joining point,
travel in a modern and spacious air-conditioned coach and arrive at your hotel ready
for a great time.
If you fancy a weekend city break in Europe, sometimes travelling by air is the best way
That's why we offer a wide selection of air holidays which include flights from your
local airport, carefully selected hotel accommodation, meals and guided excursions.
With so many cruising destinations on offer, European river & coastal cruises as well as Worldwide,
you'll be spoilt for choice.
Our welcoming ships travel along some of the most scenic rivers in the World and you
can enjoy historic cities, traditional towns and quaint villages along the way.
We all deserve a bit of time away, precious moments with friends or family, or time to just
kick back, relax and create special memories that will last a lifetime. You’ll
find our hotels in wonderful locations where you can enjoy Britain’s natural beauty
at its best.
Shearings Holidays has over 114 years experience and is the UK’s largest escorted tour
We offer more than 170 destinations to choose from to suit diverse tastes and budgets.
Top location in the heart of the Lakes
Often our most luxurious room option. Most premier rooms have large comfortable beds and en suite bathrooms. These large rooms will normally offer a comfortable seating area, 32 inch flat screen digital television, hairdryer and the facilities to make a hot beverage. A number of the hotels rooms were refurbished as part of a major project in 2017.
Our Superior rooms typically have luxurious beds, 26 inch flat screen digital television, and a spacious en-suite bathroom with shower over bath. These Superior rooms also have the facilities to make a hot beverage. A number of the hotels rooms were refurbished as part of a major project in 2017.
Our Standard Rooms are charming and have everything you would expect from a modern hotel - private facilities, a TV and everything you need to make yourself a hot beverage. A number of the hotels rooms were refurbished as part of a major project in 2017.
Windermere Hotel, Windermere
At the Hotel - WI-FI available in all public lounges
- Breakfast is between 7.30am & 9.30am Tues-Fri and between 8am & 10am Sat-Mon,. Dinner is between 6pm & 8pm Mon-Thurs and 6.30pm & 8.00pm Fri-Sun. These times are subject to change
- Meals are served in the brand new Orrset Head Lodge Bar & Restaurant which opened as part of a major refurbishment project the hotel underwent in 2017.
- As part of this project many of the hotel's rooms have been majorly upgraded.
- Board games available from reception
- Total of 80 rooms including 16 single occupancy rooms
- Parking available for 41 cars and spaces are available to reserve for £8 per day
- Two disabled spaces available free of charge on 1st come 1st served basis
- One lift that serves all floors except the lower ground floor (dimensions 34 x 32) but not big enough for a wheelchair
- One disabled room available, a twin room with shower cubicle and electronic bed but the shower room is not accessible via wheelchair
- Small boardroom available that seats 12 people around the table in-addition to comfy seating for 20ish
- No Ballroom or dancefloor at the hotel
Travel & Access - Hotel is on a hill overlooking the village. The town is just across the main road and the lake is about 20min downhill walk to Bowness
- Railway station and bus stops are just across the road from the hotel with direct connections to Manchester.
- Buses run a local service
- Four steps into the hotel with no handrail but there is ramp access at the side of the building. There is a set of stairs to the board room and one area of the dining room has steps to it
- Public areas are on the ground floor