With coach holidays in the UK and Europe, you'll be collected from a local joining point,
travel in a modern and spacious air-conditioned coach and arrive at your hotel ready
for a great time.
If you fancy a weekend city break in Europe, sometimes travelling by air is the best way
That's why we offer a wide selection of air holidays which include flights from your
local airport, carefully selected hotel accommodation, meals and guided excursions.
With so many cruising destinations on offer, European river & coastal cruises as well as Worldwide,
you'll be spoilt for choice.
Our welcoming ships travel along some of the most scenic rivers in the World and you
can enjoy historic cities, traditional towns and quaint villages along the way.
We all deserve a bit of time away, precious moments with friends or family, or time to just
kick back, relax and create special memories that will last a lifetime. You’ll
find our hotels in wonderful locations where you can enjoy Britain’s natural beauty
at its best.
Shearings Holidays has over 114 years experience and is the UK’s largest escorted tour
We offer more than 170 destinations to choose from to suit diverse tastes and budgets.
Great views over Morecambe Bay
Our Superior Rooms are more spacious and tastefully refurbished, they offer luxurious beds, a 26 inch flat screen television. The spacious bathrooms have been refitted with shower over bath. These rooms also come with the facilities to make yourself a hot drink. A number of our rooms were upgraded in 2017 in order to give you the most comfortable stay possible with us.
Our Standard Rooms are charming and have everything you would expect. The rooms have televisions, tea and coffee making facilities as well as an en-suite bathroom. A number of our rooms were upgraded in 2017 in order to give you the most comfortable stay possible with us.
Strathmore Hotel, Morecambe
At the Hotel - WI-FI available in all public lounges
- Breakfast is between 8am & 9.30am and dinner is between 6.30pm & 7.30pm Bar snacks are available all day and hot food is served between 12pm & 2pm
- Cards, Books and board games available from reception
- Total of 47 rooms including 6 single occupancy rooms
- Parking available for 10 cars, which can be reserved at £6.00 per day but there are plenty of free unrestricted parking around the hotel
- Two free disabled spaces available on 1st come 1st served basis.
- One lift that serves one side of the hotel and can take a wheelchair depending on size (dimensions – 34 x 36)
- No specifically adapted disabled rooms and no ground floor bedrooms
- Hotel has the Bay suite with its own bar, which can be hired. It also have a civil ceremony license and can cater for up to 150 people
- Ballroom can hold 90 people and has a very small dancefloor Travel & Access
- Hotel is in a level location on Morecambe Promenade and about 20 minutes walk into town. Beach is just across the road
- Main bus station is in Lancaster approximately 20 minutes drive away. There is also a bus stop just outside the hotel and buses go to the town centre, Heysham, Lancaster, Carnforth and Kendal - connections to Blackpool and lakes from Lancaster.
- Main train station is also in Lancaster although Morecambe does have its own small station
- There is level access into the hotel except when coming from the car park where there is 12 steep steps. All public areas are on the ground floor