|Travel by Coach||Days|
Enjoy a superb New Year holiday at the Glenburn Hotel in Rothesay on the Isle of Bute, with this excellent four-day break. Be treated to Bucks Fizz on arrival, a sumptuous five-course New Year’s Eve gala dinner and fantastic entertainment - there’s no better way to celebrate than with our New Year breaks.
We travel from the interchange to Rothesay where we enjoy an evening meal after check-in.
We spend two full days in Rothesay, seeing in the New Year with Whiskey and delicious meals.
We have also scheduled an included excursions on this break. We’ll take a scenic drive around the Isle of Bute, passing places of interest including Kilchattan Bay and Port Bannatyne. You'll also have time to enjoy Rothesay at your leisure. Mount Stuart House is an island highlight, the Victorian Gothic House is set in 200 acres of parkland, just a 15 minute drive from our hotel.
We return home today with the interchange, after breakfast and checkout at the hotel.
Set in an outstanding position above its own terraced gardens, the Glenburn, has recently completed refurbishment work and enjoys great views towards the mainland.
The town’s shops, harbour and medieval castle ruins are a short walk away along the palm fringed promenade. With a wealth of outdoor pursuits on the island from fishing to bowling, walking, cycling and kayaking, and a golf course.
Head back over to the mainland and take in the magnificent coast of Argylle, known for its beaches, walking trails and stunning wildlife.
Enjoy the hotel's magnificent grounds which allow for great panoramic views across the Cowal Peninsula. Spend your evenings socialising in the lounge bar, take in our evening entertainment in our modern ballroom, or just sit back and read a good book in our small library, it’s up to you how you choose to relax at the Glenburn.
Make your way to the hotel’s stunning ballroom for an evening of entertainment with exceptional tribute acts, such as Tina Turner, Nat King Cole, Elton John and Shirley Bassey, or simply put your feet up with a good book in the Glenburn’s own small library.
- 25th August – Karin Bello as Tina Turner
- 1st Sept – Jacky Webbe as Diana Ross
- 8th Sept – Rock Stewart – Rod Stewart Tribute
- 15th Sept – Abba Vous
- 22nd Sept – Anthony Edwards as Michael Jackson
- 29th Sept – Debbie Farrell as Shirley Bassey
- 6th Oct – Adam Carter as Elvis
- 13th Oct – Paul Sylvester as Nat King Cole
- 20th Oct – All Stars Multi Tribute Show
- 27th Oct – CJ Jackson – Soul & Motown
- 3rd Nov – Anthony Edwards as Michael Jackson
- 10th Nov – Ben Smiths Rat Pack Show
- 17th Nov – Joel Coombes as Elton John
- 24th Nov – Rock Stewart – Rod Stewart Tribute
- 1st Dec – Adam Carter as Elvis
- 8th Dec – Mike Andrews as Robbie Williams
Bute Island Tour - Port Bannatyne, Scalpsie and Kilchattan Bays
A circular tour of the panoramic Isle of Bute. Heading through Port Bannatyne, we make our way past Scalpsie and Kilchattan Bays as we discover a land of mellow countryside and lovely views.